Monday, August 27, 2012

It is time!

That is it’s time to revive this blog.  Last night my husband accused me of always sugar coating everything.  I started to defend myself and attempted to prove him wrong only to realize that it’s true.  I tend to preface or conclude difficult aspects to my life with super positive statements.  For example, “Becca is having a hard time breathing at night.  But she has been so healthy lately and I’m so grateful for her!”  I guess I’m not good at telling things how they are without feeling like I’m complaining.  I really truly do love my life and adore Becca and so I guess I figure that if I talk about hard things, I also have to prove that I really am happy. 

The beauty of this blog is I can just tell it how it is.  This is meant to be a record of our life with Becca.  I really need this right now.  I have been struggling with the fact that I don’t really talk to other people about Becca.  I don’t know how to without making other people feel awkward.  It seems like people feel bad that they can’t really relate to that aspect of my life and it just gets awkward (and remember how I don’t know how to talk about life with Becca without coming across as complaining?) and I just don’t like making people sad.

So here we are!  I have a list of topics I want to write about that cover different aspects of Becca’s life and hope to post sort of regularly (whatever that is) about our life with Becca.

IMG_7623 
I took this picture of Becca today.  It is sure hard to take non blurry pictures with her constant shaking and busy hands.  But she’s looking older huh?

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I'm very glad you're reviving this blog. And for what it's worth, I have never once thought you were complaining. I know you sugar coat with me too, and maybe that's the point, but even in moments when you've shared a little more, it has a completely different tone than complaining. But I'm glad you have this place to "tell it how it is." I think we all need that. :)

    ReplyDelete